A refreshing, crisp breeze, the leaves changing colour, pumpkin-spiced lattés…all signs that fall has arrived. The change of seasons doesn’t mean that we should be spending time indoors. In fact, quite the opposite!
We are talking about colourful pumpkin patches, vibrant apple orchards, daunting corn mazes, bumpin’ hayrides and so much more. Our list of fall destinations has something for everyone.
And, while most are family-friendly, we have a few activities that are better suited for the adult kid in all of us, like craft beer stations and haunted experiences in corn mazes.
So, whether you're looking to stock up on decorative gourds, master the perfect pumpkin pie with locally grown pumpkins, make jars of tree-fresh applesauce, or spend the day having ‘fall family fun’, Abby has you covered.
Come prepared. Bring shoes and pants you can get dirty. And, don't forget to layer.
Family-friendly | Dog-friendly (on leash) | Designed for adults, but fun for the whole family.
- Roadside social
- BC’s first beer-tasting corn maze with local breweries (Fieldhouse, Ravens, Old Abbey Ales, Old Yale). Two other mazes for all ages. (please check their social channels for closure updates due to weather)
- Craft beer garden
- Doggie bar & photo booth
- Pumpkin patch
- Apple cannon
- Autumn Eats at Food Trucks
Taves Family Farms (Applebarn Pumpkin Farm)
Family-friendly | No dogs | Free admission to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch
- U-Pick apples for couples, families, and friends. Smaller trees that are perfect for the little ones.
- Large pumpkin patch to choose that perfect Jack-o-Lantern and stands with several pumpkin varieties and gourds to choose from.
- Fresh cold-pressed apple cider (100% apples), made before your very eyes.
- Hayrides and ponyrides
- Petting Barn
- Corn maze, with a quest, that is best suited for children ages 3 to 12.
- Farm foods to keep you energized like caramel apples and apple cider slushies
Admission for attractions: Applebarn pass includes most attractions. Free for children 2 and under. See website for details).
Open daily until November 1st.
@tavesfarms on Instagram and Twitter and @tavesfamilyfarms on Facebook
Maan Farms COUNTRY EXPERIENCE & ESTATE WINERY
Family-friendly | No dogs | Family-friendly with experiences just for teenagers and adults
- Flashlight Corn Maze opens after dark. Only a flashlight can guide corn maze-goers through the rows.
- Haunted Corn Maze: This year, Leatherface and his accomplices have been joined by a band of crazed clowns. It’s a terrifying corn maze with many dead ends and full of surprises from starving zombies and chainsaw-wielding murderers to killer clowns.
- Maan’s Estate Winery, award-winning wine with a free tasting room.
- Moonlight Wagon Rides
- Pumpkin Patch
- Petting Zoo
- Country Store with farm-fresh foods and home-made fudge
Willow View Farms
Family-friendly | No dogs please | No general admission rates
- U-Pick apples for couples, families, and friends.
- Pumpkin patch with several varieties to choose from in different colours and sizes.
- Home of the annual Farmer vs. Farmer’s wife giant pumpkin growing contest. This year ‘meet Ugly Randy’, an 800 lb pumpkin! (see photo above)
- Playground and petting zoo
- Country-chic décor
Coming from the east on Highway 1, head to Abby Roadside and then take the Sumas Way exit to Huntingdon Road where you can visit Maan Farms, Taves Farms, and Willow View Farms all within a 10-minute stretch.
Coming from the west on Highway 1, reverse it and take the Sumas Way exit to Huntingdon Rd to visit Maan Farms, Taves Farms and Willow View Farms before heading back on the Highway to hit Abby Roadside.