To some, the end of summer signifies a return to routine and the end of the carefree fun that is abundant in July and August. But that’s not the case here in Abbotsford!
Our fall harvest season provides lots of great activities for everyone from families to foodies.
Traditional Fall Experiences
Fall is what we do best in Abbotsford, and there’s no better way to experience it than at one of our local farms! Maan Farms will be hosting a Fall Festival every weekend beginning September 22nd to October 31st with a ton of fun and unique activities.
Check out their all-white pumpkin patch, wine tasting, apple cider slushies and donuts, a corn maze and much more! Bring your furry pal for a photo op on September 22nd and 23rd, dogs are welcome in the pumpkin patch on those days.
For an autumn apple experience, check out the Applebarn at Taves Family Farms. Make all your fall dreams come true with their u-pick orchard, sunflower and pumpkin patch, petting barn, pony rides and more. Taves Farm is open 7 days a week from 9am until 5:30pm for all your fall fun!
BC Hop Fest
Taking place on September 29th, BC Hop Fest kicks off BC Craft Beer Month with great beer and great people! This fun event brings together 40 of the best BC craft breweries as well as some local food vendors all right here on the BC Hop Co farm in Abbotsford. Gather your friends for a Fraser Valley experience like no other: eat and drink amongst the hop vines, enjoy some live music, talk to the brewmasters, and celebrate the hop harvest!
Some big shows are rolling through the Abbotsford Centre this fall and bringing the heat! Check out some of the great acts coming up this season:
• WWE Live – September 30th
• The Thank You Canada Tour – October 5th
• Professional Bull Riding – October 13th
• Brothers Osborne – October 18th
• Celtic Thunder – November 3rd
• Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – November 7th
• John Mellencamp – November 14th
• Tim Hicks – November 30th
The Fraser Valley Trade and Exhibition Centre (Tradex) enters its busy season this fall with a great line up of trade shows hitting the halls! Some of the exhibitions you can catch this month include:
• Snowbird RV Show – September 20th to 23rd
• Canwest Horticulture Show – September 26th & 27th
• West Coast Women’s Show – October 12th to 14th
• Big Valley Home Show – October 26th to 28th
• West Coast Christmas Show & Artisan Marketplace – November 16th to 18th
• Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market – November 24th & 25th