Fresh-pressed apple cider, harvested hops, and crisp breezes are all signs that fall HARVEST has arrived in abbotsford.
Let’s add vibrant pumpkin patches, local apple orchards, and a beer-tasting corn maze. While most destinations are family-friendly, a few activities are better suited for the adult kid in us. Come prepared. Bring shoes and pants you can get dirty. And, don't forget to layer! Looking for lunch spot along the way? Check out our local eats page to plan your fill up stop.
Back for its second year, Abby Roadside is a family and dog-friendly harvest social. Designed for adults, but with something for everyone.
1. Abby Roadside
- 3 corn mazes including BC’s first beer-tasting corn maze
- Snack shack, food trucks & beer garden
- Doggie bar & photo booth
- Kids zone & apple cannons
- Duck races, tether ball, bean bag toss, sandbox, jump pad, slack line, x&o tables, and potato sack races.
Hours & Admission: Sept. 16 to Oct.15 every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 6pm. $8 for 3 -18 years, and $18 for 19 plus. Free for children 2 and under and they have family passes available. Website
For almost three decades, Taves Applebarn has been hosting people, of all ages, from across the Lower Mainland.
2. Taves Family Farms Applebarn
- U-Pick 8 varieties of apples
- Pumpkin patch
- Watch and try cold-pressed apple cider being made
- Corn quest maze, hay rides, pony rides, pedal karts, jumping pillows, petting barn, farmville, bee observatory, and more.
- Autumn eats like pumpkin-spiced lattés, caramel apples, 100% natural apple cider slushies, and farm-fresh roasted corn.
Hours & Admission: Open daily, 9 am to 5:30 pm. Free admission to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. $9.75 for 3-17 years and $6.75 18 plus, includes most attractions and it's free for children 2 and under. Website
Be sure to ask about their award-winning fruit wines and Mama Maan’s famous butter chicken samosas and farm-made fudge.
3. Maan Farms country experience
• The Fraser Valley's scariest Haunted Corn Maze
• Pumpkin Patch and regular corn maze
• Pedal Karts and petting zoo, you can’t leave without holding a baby goat!
• Wine tasting in the Estate Winery
• Mama Maan’s Country Kitchen
Hours & Admission: Open daily from 9 am to 6 pm. Free for children 2 and under. Day, Family, and Season’s Passes available check their website for pricing.
This family-owned and operated farm is a quiet and quaint farm with 14 varieties of apples to U-Pick. Did we mention plums and pears too?
4. Willow View Farms
• U-Pick a large variety of apples, plums, and pears.
• Pumpkin patch
• Home of the annual Farmer vs. Farmer’s wife giant pumpkin growing contest
• Hayrides through the orchard
Hours & Admission: Free Admission. Open Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 5:30 pm. *There is no access to the yard, playground or animal barn at this time. You can visit the goats and sheep in their outside pasture. Website
A bustling craft beer scene means demand for local hops. The Fraser Valley was once a hoppin’ playground and is coming full circle.
5. Hops HARVEST
BC Hop Co. works with our farmers, using modern innovation to process and distribute a standard of excellence that the Fraser Valley is known for. To celebrate our local fresh hop harvesting, The BC Hop Festival is taking place on September 30th this year.